28 October 2006

Scene from Friends with Money

I just got back from watching a movie at a friend's house. We watched the movie Friends with Money. And it wasn't great, however there was just one scene that made me ache. Two of the couples are driving home separately from a charity function, and in each situation the husband looks over at his wife and says, "you were the prettiest one there." She looks back at him with such love and admiration. It was just such a sweet scene. It almost made me cry. That's what I'm looking for. Someone who really thinks that I'm the prettiest woman in any given room. I don't know if the ex ever felt that way, he never said as such. Never in all that time. He never said anything like that. He never looked at me that way. My friend was asking me about the ex, and I was telling her that I hadn't heard from him in ages. She said that Preschool Queen had told her that I was mad at him. And I quickly corrected her, saying that I wasn't mad, but hurt. She told me the same thing Will did, that it's okay to be mad at him. I guess I never felt that way because ultimately I made the decision to end the relationship, but maybe they both are right. Hmm, again, I've put in writing that Will is right. I need to stop doing that, it's going to start going to his head ;)
The weather here has been miserable lately, with yesterday being the exception. Rain day after day can be a drag, but it's when I start baking. I love to fill the house with mouth watering aromas, and even more than the baking I love to share what I have made with the people I care about most. Hey I'll have an entire extra hour, wonder how I'll spend it...

2 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Dear TG,

The beauty is not all about blue eys, or green or blond hair or black or skinny robust, it is the beauty of soul, and your ex didn't see that...

Any way you are good in God's eyes.
and that is the most important thing, right?

Marie said...

Dang. I need to give you a hug, and nosh on some of those cookies.
Hope that rain lets up before long.