17 October 2006

The Weekend

I sincerely hope that Little Penguin is right in his comments in the last post. Because things suck right now. I don't like the way things are right now (have I made that clear yet?) And the very selfish part of my mind wants BFAW all to myself, regardless of the consequences. Anyway, hopefully we can get through all of this and get back to the way things were (that's my hope at least, my fear is that nothing will be the same again.) Chatting with Lead Momma yesterday really helped me process situation
This weekend was lovely, I got tons done in my most recent scrapbook--in fact it's almost finished! I'm totally psyched. And I learned a valuable lesson this weekend, my life seems to be full of lessons lately. Anyway, this one is pretty funny. So, apparently, it's a bad idea to put a kitchen towel on an electric burner on the stove that you just turned off. I was fixing breakfast yesterday, and removed the frying pan from the burner, turned it off, and promptly set the towel on that burner, and walked away...(I'm sure you know what happened then) All of a sudden, there was a funny smell in the room, burning cotton. Yep, the kitchen towel now has beautiful black/brown lines on it from the burner. So proud of myself for that one! Oh well, at least I didn't burn the place down.
Work was so boring last night, with no one to talk to. Although it was probably good, because for the most part, I was pretty cranky, and not interested in chatting with anybody. So I just put my headphones on, and tried to focus on my work (not entirely successfully, but there you have it).
Now I need to learn how to use my new camera before my trip. This weekend should be a good opportunity to practice, Preschool Queen and Homer are having their annual Halloween costume party (yes it is early, but everybody has conflicting plans the following weekend). It should be fun, it always is, only down side is that the Ex will be there. Not looking forward to that. I have a really great royal queen costume (kind of Guinevere like), and can't wait to party!

3 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello travel Girl,

Thank God nothing happened after that burnt towel, you know why that happened? Because your mind is preoccupied with London trip, love, work, and so many things...

Please dear try to exploit every single minute of this trip, and think about no one only you having fun..and my prayers will be with you.

Marsh

Marie said...

I'm glad I was able to help a little :) Can't wait to see pics of the big party too!

Anonymous said...

We've all left something in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Thank goodness it was only some burn marks on the towel and not something worse!