12 October 2006

All Kinds of Confusion

So, BFAW wants to read the blog. I guess I have mixed feelings about that. There's nothing here that I haven't already told him, but would that be adding fuel to the fire, so to speak? What do people think? Should I let him read it?
Nothing will ever come of it, but I can so see myself falling for him. He did however bring up a good point last night. He said that we were such good friends that even if we were both single, he'd be worried about messing up the friendship (there is something to be said about not dating your friends...) When he's not around, I think I have everything figured out. I can even convince myself that there are no feelings for him, and that we're just friends, but then I see him, and we start talking, and flirting, and I'm right back where I started, completely confused about the situation. These feelings are wrong. I shouldn't have feelings for a married man. But I do. Thank goodness we never see each other unless we're in public places (work, restaurants). I don't know what would happen otherwise.
I got to baby sit Captain Contrary last night. Preschool Queen had an issue with the electric company, and Homer is out of town, so she was banging on my door last night, and all in a panic. Once she got in touch with the electric company, I told her to leave Captain Contrary with me, that he could watch a movie, and I'd make him dinner while she waited for them to arrive. Each time he and I hang out, I'm again reminded what a great kid he is. I can't believe how quickly he's growing up.
Anyway, we had fun last night, and then I had to rush off to work. Sometimes it seems like I'm always rushing off one place or another. Earlier in the day I had a lot more I wanted to say about BFAW, but right now, for the life of me, I can't remember any of it, so I'll sign off now....

2 comments:

Little Penguin said...

Personally, I think you shouldn't let your instinct drive you to do something which you'll regret later on. BFAW sounds like a really nice guy but he's married. Would you do anything if you had feelings for Homer? I dont think so. Would you let a TSO flirt with Preschool Queen? I dont think so.

I hope you see where I'm coming from.

travel girl said...

Little Penguin,
I see precisely where you are coming from. And I can assure there will be NO acting on the feelings. I realize that any action would be instantly regretable. I've resolved to focus on the friendship I have with BFAW and that is all.
Thanks for a male perspective! Hope you are well