28 October 2006

More Randomness

The cookies were a total success! I am actually amazed at how well they came out. Everyone at work loved them. The guys in the communications center who had been complaining that I never brought them cookies anymore were thrilled. And of course Will loved them, I think he has the rest of them for tonight, which will be a long one with the time change(yeah!! and extra hour to sleep!! I love the end of daylight saving time!). Marshmallow26, I wish I could share some of them with you!
In totally unrelated news, the St Louis Cardinals won the World Series last night. A lot of my family still lives there, so naturally, I called my cousin to see how they were celebrating. She actually made me cry when we were talking. Our grandfather died 10 years ago, and he was the biggest baseball fan ever, and absolutely loved the Cardinals. As we were talking she was crying saying that this was for him. And at that moment, I just knew that he was smiling. So, of course, as I was walking back into work, I was in tears (we can't use our cell phones in the office for a variety of reasons, security as well as the fact that the building interferes with the signal) and had to quickly pull myself back together, which I did successfully. Will wonders never cease? Will of course would say that just about anything makes me cry, movies, TV shows, books, songs...the list goes on and on and on. And he's forever teasing me about it.
I am so looking forward to this weekend, other than spending some time tonight with a friend and her daughter, I have no plans. Nothing that I have to do at all. I can do (or not do) whatever I want. And I can relax. And get ready for next weekend which involves a trip to see my parents. I love them dearly, but they drive me nuts. Although this time, I'm really going to try not to lose my temper. It's my father's birthday, and I'm driving down to surprise him, and since I have no time off at Thanksgiving, I won't be able to get down there again before I leave for London. I can't believe it's almost November! Where has this year gone? So much of it has been a total blur for me.
Nothing new to report with TSO, we chatted last night, but no new developments there. I swear I'll be 40 before he asks me out. Although maybe he's just not interested, and will never ask me out. Who knows. I hope he's interested, though.
LATER THAT MORNING....
So, I had to take care of my recycling and trash this morning. I guess I should start the story with the fact that it is about 40 degrees F and pouring rain. I was walking outside with my box full of recycling, and somehow missed the last step, and fell, recycling went everywhere, I mean everywhere, and my pants were soaked from falling on the front porch, did I mention that it's pouring? So of course I'm running around trying to pick up all the paper before the wind picks it up and scatters it all over the town. How typical, I think this goes with the "just call me Gracie" story. I think it was probably pretty comical to watch, although I don't think anyone caught the show...

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

I am glad that your Colleagues liked the cookies.

No, my test has been re-secheduled.