14 October 2006

A Resolution to the Problem

This morning I think I was minutes and about 1 foot away from becoming 'the other woman'. If I hadn't walked away when I did, I would have lost the rest of my resolve. It took every ounce of my strength not to kiss him, and I know he felt the same way. I totally suck. This is supposed to be one of my rules, no married men.
There's a saying, if you play with fire, you'll eventually get burned. I think I've gotten burned. BFAW's feelings for me are apparently quite strong, and since we've both made it clear that there can be no action on those feelings, he's decided that he needs space to clear his head. So, just like that I've lost one of my best friends. And that's what I'm most upset about. Part of me wonders if the fact that we know we can't act on the feelings we have is making them stronger? Seriously, what happens when you tell a small child not to do something? Of course they try to do it. I can completely understand and respect his decision, but it's still gonna be hard. He's the first person I want to talk to when there is something good or bad going on at work, and now I won't have that anymore. It almost makes me cry. I should have never said anything to him about how I felt. But there you have it, I guess the situation has resolved itself. And I suppose I've learned a valuable lesson as well.
And as upset as that whole situation makes me, this one makes me so happy: I was talking with TSO last night (big surprise, right?) and we were talking about our weekend plans. He was telling me that he needed to go see his parents, and I was lamenting an upcoming weekend trip to see my parents as well. I love them dearly, but they drive me nuts (that's his deal, too). As I was getting ready to walk away, he said that we needed to plan a time to get together sometime soon. So, I guess being patient is the way to go with this guy. BFAW thinks we look really cute when we're together, and thinks that if I take things slow, they will certainly work out. I hope he's right.
On to London, I think on the first day I arrive, I may take one of the bus tours of the city. I'm not sure how else to get my bearings and figure out where everything is. Day Two will certainly be the British Museum. I think I could probably spend the entire 10 days in there, but one day will have to suffice. I want to see a play while in town as well, but I'm not sure what to see. I'll figure it out, I'm sure... I was also thinking about taking a day trip out of the city, maybe to Cambridge, or Stonehenge, I haven't decided which. And of course, I've promised my friends at work (the Ladies) that I would go to Harrods just to experience it. And the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, and I'd like to see the changing of the guard as well. And that's just the beginning of my list of places to go.
Well, I'm off for a day of scrapbooking, so there'll be more later, I guess.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Girl -- I'm here for you. No matter what!

Off to the pedi for us for now. More later.

Big hugs --
Lead Momma! Lead Baby & Dr. Spaz

Little Penguin said...

you know what, I think you've done the right thing regarding BFAW. Give him some time to reflect and i'm sure he'll come back with open arms - as BFAW, not as your polygamous partner. Best of luck with that.

those london tours are so expensive and aren't even worth it. buying a one-day travel card enables you to go all over the city for less than 5 pounds.. i think it's a bargain. :)

travel girl said...

Thank you, LP, for your advice and good wishes. I agree that the bus tours are pretty pricey, but my concern is not knowing where anything is. I'll keep the travel card idea in mind. Maybe getting lost would be the best way to find things...
Hey, Lead Momma, I'm still laughing over Dr. Spaz's solution!