22 October 2006

What's my Type?

So, Will and I have discussed this at length lately, actually we've talked about it in the past, as well. Typically, I'm attracted to "the bad boy". For example, I prefer Sawyer on Lost to Jack.
I can't say exactly what it is, maybe it's the excitement, or the bit of danger. Whatever it is, that's the kind of guy I'm drawn to.
TSO can only be described as wholesome. In fact, I think that would describe Will as well. And usually that word, wholesome, has negative connotations for me: boring, uptight, generally not fun(I have to say, though, that neither of these men are boring, uptight or not fun...in fact, Will is a lot of fun, and quite funny). On the other hand, wholesome guys are good, and nice, and sincere, and aren't the type of guy to break your heart just to watch you cry, they're caring and considerate as well. Maybe the good qualities of "wholesome" outweigh the bad ones? As Will and I were talking, he said that even though this wasn't the kind of guy I usually liked, maybe it should be. Maybe wholesome guys are the kind that are more likely to want to settle down, and start a family--both things that I want at this point in my life. As usual, I will have to grudgingly admit that Will is probably right, as much as it pains me to do so...:) Can you believe I actually put that in writing? Hmm...he could hold this over me forever now. More than once I've had to admit that he's right about some thing or another (not the easiest thing for me to do...) but I've never put it in writing until now.
Yesterday was the party at Preschool Queen and Homer's house. It was nice. And that's about it, it wasn't wild, it wasn't great, just nice. Actually since I can be completely honest here, it was pretty boring. Provided I was really exhausted, and so wasn't the life of the party myself, but it just didn't rock like last year's party did. Oh well, every party can't be the best ever.
Last night I booked some things to do while in London. Again, this goes with my personality of having things planned in advance. So, since I was a child, my favorite Disney movie has always been Mary Poppins. Ever since I learned that it has been made into a play, I've been dying to see it. And I figured if there is one place to see it, it would have to be London. The more planning and organizing I do for this trip, the more real it becomes to me. I still can't believe I'm actually doing this!!

No comments: