19 October 2006

Just Call Me Gracie

First off, I need to say that from now on, BFAW will be known as Will (as in Will and Grace). I guess this weekend was difficult for him as well. He and his wife talked a lot about the situation, and his feelings. She's afraid he's falling in love with me. When I saw Will tonight, he made mention of the fact that he wanted us to be at a point in our friendship where we were like Will and Grace (the TV show). For some reason, it clicked with me. Lead Momma had actually said much of the same thing this weekend, "you should think of him as a gay man, like Will, and you can be Grace." A kind of married man=gay man thing. I guess it makes sense, they are both off limits, just for different reasons. Anyway, for anyone who hasn't seen the show, Will and Grace are the kind of friends that only come around once in a lifetime. They love each other dearly, and would do anything for the other. Yes, they have their ups and downs, but through it all they remain friends. So, he's Will to my Gracie. I told him I was going to call him Will from now on...He wasn't thrilled by that!
For whatever reason, it's somehow put things into perspective for both of us (I think, I can at least speak for myself) He'll always be a friend no matter what, there's no need for anything more. Things seemed different tonight as we were talking. It was relaxed, the way it used to be before all this started. And I sincerely hope that everything will Will's wife will be fine. I hope that she can see that this is different from the bond that they have with each other. I guess it was friends who got a little confused, but are now back on the right track. I don't know if I'm saying this as eloquently as I'm thinking it, it's way past my bedtime...The ladies and I booked our cruise for the end of March. I'm so totally excited about it--it should be such a good time. I am a little worried about traveling with two women I only know from work, though. At least there will be tons to do and see!
Lots to say about TSO, but I'm losing my ability to type...:)

No comments: