21 October 2006

It's Too Early For Snow!

Pardon me while I rant for a few minutes. Last night I left the house at the same time I always do. It was cold, but barely raining in my little town. I take the back roads to work when the weather is okay, because they are faster. So I got about 15 minutes from my house, and there was snow. Yes SNOW on October 20, slushy, wet, heavy snow. So much that the plow trucks were out, well, at least in one town. No such luck in the next one that I drove through. And as if I wasn't running late enough on my way in, when I turned on to the last road I take, I had to follow the plow truck. There's nothing quite like going 20mph for 6 miles when you know you're running late. TSO told me I should look at it as at least I was safe behind the plow. Yes, safe, but annoyed. Lead Momma, clear out the spare room...
Okay, enough of the rant for now. I'm just not ready for winter yet, Halloween is still a week and a half away!
Later today is the party, and I'm pretty psyched about it. I was chatting with Homer last night, and he wasn't sure but didn't think that the ex would be showing up. Things get so difficult when you share a group of friends. It's not that things are bad, I just have no desire to deal.
So, I'm working really hard on getting back to normal with Will. Sometimes it's easy to do, and other times, it's more challenging. The easy times outweigh the harder ones, which is good, and I think in time the challenging moments will go away. His wife baked an apple spice cake today, and actually sent him to work with a piece for me, with the promise that it wasn't poisoned (I thought that was quite funny). She's way nicer than I could ever be, which makes me feel even worse about how I've been feeling about her husband. His friendship is so important to me that I'm really glad she hasn't told him to stay away from me, I'd feel lost without him. I can tell him anything and everything and I really value his advice and opinion, although I rarely tell him that.
I'm off to watch last night's episode of Battlestar (yes I'm a sci fi fan) and take a nap before the party so I can have more than one margarita. I think after the week I've had I should have a few...

2 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello Travel Girl,

When are you heading to London?

So, it was snowing in October 20th!! Hmmm...here in Iraq we still have the AC on and till yesterday, we had some rain. heheh

travel girl said...

I leave for London at the end of November.
I think I'd rather have cold weather/snow at this time of year than need the AC...
So glad you found it funny :)