20 October 2006

The Week in Review

As I mentioned yesterday, the ladies and I booked our cruise yesterday morning. We're flying down to Ft Lauderdale, FL and sailing from there at the end of March. We're going to Freeport, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya, Mexico. I can't wait to see the ruins in Mexico. It's a six day cruise. I'm really excited about it, but I'm also a little nervous about traveling with women I only know from work (I think I may have already said that yesterday). What if we get sick of each other? I guess at least the boat is really big, and we can split up and do our own thing if we feel it's necessary. I think it'll be a really great time, and very relaxing. We have already made the rule, similar to the one in Vegas--what happens on the cruise will stay on the cruise, except for what I write here, and of course tell Will (I can't keep anything from him!)
I haven't written much of TSO this week, being so distracted with Will. I think we're making forward progress. Earlier in the week, he wasn't at his desk when I walked by, but he had seen me. I was talking with one of the ladies and a supervisor. He actually was walking over to my cubicle until he saw that a supervisor was talking to me, and we made eye contact. I quickly finished the conversation, which was really about nothing, and went over to talk to him. And I found out that he has a really great sense of humor, much like mine (especially sarcastic). He asked me about my day and if I had slept well. I hadn't and said, 'actually I slept like crap'. Without missing a beat he looked at me and said, 'you look like crap, too'. Of course he said it with a smile on his face. I was stunned, it was the first indication that he had that quick response, and of course I did leave myself open for it. My jaw dropped, and he started to laugh, and said, 'I'm just kidding you look great. I really like that color on you'. (I was wearing a light blue shirt with a small brown paisley print on it) Which of course lead to a conversation about how I never would have expected him to have a sense of humor like that because he's so nice. He said that most people don't expect it from him. Again, every day there is something new to learn. It's such a great feeling. I just hope he doesn't wait too long to make a move.

I think things are getting better with Will. Each day things seem to get more normal. I do like flirting with him, it's fun, and it's such a confidence booster to know that he likes flirting with me as well. Which maybe I should tone down the flirting a little, but I don't know. I'll have to ask him tonight. Anyway, he makes me laugh and I like spending time with him, as a friend. I love that I can talk to him about anything, and not have to worry about his reaction or him judging me.

No comments: