29 November 2006

This is it...I'll be on my way by morning...

So, this is it! My last morning at home! I have to work tonight, and then off to the airport. I really can't believe that this is really happening. I think I've said it before, but it all seem so surreal, and not entirely real. Have I mentioned though, that I don't like to fly? Probably a bad time to think about that, right? For some reason it dawned on me in the car last night that I'd be in a plane for hours and hours, and not only that, but that plane would be over the Atlantic Ocean. Just me an my trusty seat cushion/floatation device...right...just who does the airline industry think they're fooling with that one? Lead Momma reminded me that I would have to fly daily for 100 years before an accident would happen. (Dr Spaz loves reading about plane crashes and provides that piece of info anytime either of us worry about flying.) By this time on Friday I'll be in London. I'll be able to see and do all the things I've been dreaming about for months. And I'll get to prove to myself that I can do things alone. I know my friends think that I'm crazy for thinking that I'm not independent. I live alone, I make all my own decisions, and do my own thing; but this will truly prove it to me. Really the other stuff is just life. I had no other choice but to live alone etc...
I finished Lead Momma's Christmas cards this past weekend. I'm so happy with the way they came out, and I just hope she is too, I have to mail off that box later this morning when the post office opens. My poor cat seems truly stressed out about my leaving. She has seen the suitcase, and has become more clingy than normal. Hopefully she'll be okay, Preschool Queen and Captain Contrary are going to look in on her each day, and pick up the mail. It's so great to have friends living so nearby.
So in closing, I'm not sure how often I'll post while in London. I think I may take a true vacation from things, and avoid computers...or maybe not. We'll see!

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

Dear TG,

I wish you the best, you take care and enjoy your time as much as you can...Hopefully this will be a good experience away from your homeland.

Merry Christmas in Advance.