18 November 2006

Dinner Last Night

Lead Momma had the perfect explanation for why I keep saying that Will and I would be destined for failure. What other choice do I have? I'd love to be able to say he would be the love of my life, but what's the point? He is married. All that would do is break my heart in the long run, and so for my own preservation, I have to believe that we'd never work out.
So he and I went out to dinner last night. Nothing fancy, just a local chain restaurant, a place to have beer and burgers. It was such a great time. We talked and laughed, and before we knew it, 2 1/2 hours passed and it was time for us to go to work. To say that I was unmotivated would be an understatement. At least I only have one more night this week. Will gave me a birthday present at dinner. It was totally unexpected and incredibly thoughtful. He gave me a travel journal for my upcoming London adventure (can you believe I didn't have one already?) I was so surprised. He really is such a sweet man. I could go on and on, but I think I won't.
We were talking about TSO. He doesn't have any advice other than 'wait and see'. He was talking about it at home, and his wife had the same reaction that Lead Momma did. They both said he was like the abused puppy at the pound. Lead Momma went on to say "it's the kind of dog you look at and say 'dang, that dog would take a lot of work' but once the work is done, you have a REALLY great, loyal dog". It's true, and I guess that's why I've been so patient, because as everyone who knows me will say, patience is not my virtue. I was really looking forward to talking to him when I got to work last night, but he wasn't there. I was quite disappointed, we haven't really talked at all this week, and I've missed it. Hopefully I'll see him next week.
Off to my hair appointment!

4 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Dear TG,

I really appreciate all advices you were giving me on my posts, but would you let me to offer a little bitty advice, you can say its from your younger sister!

Since you are posting and letting your readers know about your life more and more, so I guess you will accept their comments whether they were negative or positive!

You have to know that Your friend IS MARRIED and no matter how attractively you feel towards him, it won't work out at the end, because that will lead to destroy his family accounting for your happiness!!

Put your self in his wife's place, and think about what your reaction will be when your husband tells you about loving a friend of his at work!!!

Jealousy, will be first thing to think of, then the rest come after...

I know you believe in God, and He would never let you fall in mistake without helping you.

Breaking with your ex BF doesn't mean the end, and it doesn't mean to love whoever close to you simultaneously no matter what marital status he has!!!!!

Try to neglect your feelings towards him, because God for sure he is preparing something better at the end...

Hey, If you hate this comment, you can simply push on the delete botton dear!

Peace.

Marshmallow26 said...

Thank you so much dear for taking my advice...and I appreciate your help about the GRE info, exactly ther are 5 years! I hope I score well.

Take care dear

travel girl said...

Marsh,
I'm sure you'll do great on the GRE. You've taken it already, right? You have to let me know how it was. It's something that I need to do, but I haven't yet. Is it similar to the SAT? Is there an essay section?
Be well, little sister! (you're not that much younger, though are you?)

:: Katrin said...

Hey tg,

when I read about Will I swore myself not to comment on it. But as your story goes on, I just can't. I know your feelings - only too well. After all I've experienced I think your belief that things wouldn't turn out well for you is more realism than self-protection.

Married men are always fantastic when in love with somebody else. Marsh is right when she asks you how you would feel if you were in his wife's shoes. Because that would be your destiny if you'd marry him.

And: you won't find Mr.Right in London as long as your feelings are fixed on him. You deserve Mr. Right, so please forget about Will.

I know it sounds very generalising what I'm saying about a person so special to you. But they don't change, I'm old enough to be allowed to say it ;-)