01 December 2006

Some things I've learned while traveling

So, here I am in London! And it's amazing. I can't even get into it right now, but I did want to pass along a few things I learned during the last day and a half...
  • Anything with the word 'turboprop' in it's title should be avoided at all costs. I was lucky enough to sit right next to the propeller, and was just about shaken out of my seat.
  • Layers are the way to go when flying. The turboprop to JFK was colder than it was outside when we landed. I think the AC was on high; and the airports had the heat blasting. I was very glad I could take multiple layers on and off
  • The food on BA flights rocks!
  • Turbulence can shake you out of your seat, always wear your seat belt...
  • The Delta terminal at JFK is a million miles from the BA terminal (okay, not really, but it sure seemed that way)
  • JFK has very helpful TSA (Transportation Safety Administration) employees. There are few signs to direct you where to go once you finally get to a terminal, and so I had to ask many questions, and everyone was super helpful.
  • The Airtrain at JFK is fun to ride
  • They have Starbucks in London!!! What a life saver, can you say Venti Peppermint Mocha, please? Okay, the last time I really slept was Wednesday during the day. I napped for about 2 hours on the BA flight, but there was a lot of turbulence...

That's all for now! Much more later, I'm sure!!!

No comments: