22 November 2006

It's almost Thanksgiving

So, I've gotten a lot of feedback/advice on the whole situation with Will. I appreciate all the advice, but trust me, no one has said anything that I don't already think. I realize that he is married, and that because of this, he and I can never be anything more than friends. We have not been physical with each other. That is a line that I couldn't cross, more for myself than anything else. I would never be able to look myself in the mirror again. I'd lose all my self respect. That being said, he is my friend and I have feelings for him. I can't help those feelings. They are there. But I'm not acting on my desires. I have told him that his friendship is the most important thing to me, and so we continue to be friends. That will not change. I'm hopeful that the feelings will fade with time, and our friendship will remain.
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow. This year has gone by so quickly. So much has happened this year. I don't have any idea how I'll put it all into my annual Christmas letter, but I'm sure I'll find a way. There are so many things that I am truly thankful for in my life. Now there are people who just love this holiday. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting together with family and friends and sharing a meal. I can appreciate the taking time to count our blessings and thanking whatever higher power you believe in for your good fortune. However, to me, it's just not that big of a deal. It's not a holiday I'm in love with. For me, that's President's Day. Okay that's me being funny...I hope everyone laughed. I actually love Christmas. It's such a magical time of year. The whole month of December feels that way for me. I think that a lot of people forget the original inspiration for Thanksgiving and just spend the day eating and watching football. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, but it's about giving thanks. So, without going into too much detail, here are the things I'm thankful for:
  • My Family
  • My Friends (Lead Momma, I'd be lost without you)
  • My Job
  • My cat (she's insane, but I love her)
  • I have a great place to live, and can pay all my bills

This is not an all inclusive list, but just a few of the things that I'm so grateful for. I'm sure as soon as I log off I'll think of a dozen more, but those are the top few. I'm also healthy and happy and embarking on the adventure of my life! So, to those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ok Sapster there...you got me busting out the tissues.
And I did laugh at President's day :) Hard to fathom another t-day is here --- so many changes, but it's all good. Wonderful really. And that is a beautiful thing.

Marshmallow26 said...

Happy Thanksgiving TG,

did you eat turkey and drank eggnog??? Yummy!!