08 November 2006

Burnt cookies make me Grumpy...

I'm so grumpy! My whole house smells like burned cookies. The damn stove won this round, or at least it won the first tray of cookies. I could just kick it. And what makes the whole situation worse it the fact that my beautiful, awesome stove is just sitting in storage. I HATE the stove here. I suppose I should be grateful that the second and third tray of cookies weren't ruined. At least I was able to salvage 2 dozen cookies for Will's birthday. Seriously, burnt cookies are probably one of my least favorite smells, there are other worse things, but I pride myself on my baking, and this just makes me grumpy. I can't figure out what makes the temp in the oven go so wonky, but as soon as there is a tray of cookies in there, it's at like 500 degrees, even though it's set at like 250. GRRR...
Okay enough griping, and onto other things. TSO and I were talking about politics yesterday at work and I was saying that there are a lot of things I've gotten more conservative about since I started work (Will smirks and calls me "his little republican"), but there are also many issues that I'm pretty liberal about. What they are is neither here nor there, but anyway, somehow the topic of how old I am came up, and I said something about turning 29 soon, and he wanted to know exactly when, so I told him; and he put it on his calendar. Now, I have no idea what that may or may not mean, but there you have it. Sometimes I feel like I'm in high school again with this whole situation, the does he like me thing etc...and I keep having to remind myself that only time will tell.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sorry to hear you have a blazing inferno for an oven....at least some of them turned out...but it still stinks to have something you can't count on especially when baking. Grrrrrr...