02 November 2006

My Attitude Adjustment

I wrote yesterday about having such a bad day. Truth be told I was feeling rather sorry for myself, which is not a feeling that I enjoy. Several things happened to change my attitude. First of all, I read some other blogs...Marshmallow26 wrote so beautifully about her mother and how she misses her so much. I've never met this woman, and all I wanted to do was hug her. Neurotic Iraqi Wife wrote about living in the GZ in Iraq and the most recent rocket attacks there. As I was reading, I realized that I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! I'm so grateful to these two women for helping me realize how incredibly blessed my life is. So that's the first thing that happened.
When I saw TSO last night, he was walking away from his desk as I was headed by. He actually stopped and turned around and told me to wait instead of walking by. Before I said anything, he looked at me and asked me if I was having a bad day. I asked if it was that obvious, and he said that he's just really good at reading people, and that he found me really easy to read. He asked if my bad day was related to an ex (Marsh, of course you can ask, I don't mind at all, he was an ex boyfriend. We were together for 6 years, and had lived together for 4, always with the intention of getting married. He talked about our wedding all the time, but never proposed. When I realized that this was how it would always be, I got tired of waiting and ended the relationship. It was painful, but truly for the best witnessed by the fact that everyone has said that I'm happier--Will says I'm nicer-- now). I said that it was, and point blank he asked me if I was still in love with this person. The question surprised me, but without even having to think, I knew the answer, and shared it with him. And the answer was no. I'm not in love with this man anymore at all, in fact, the more I think about it, I fell out of love a long time ago. He smiled slightly when I answered so quickly.
Later in the evening, one of the Ladies and I were talking about the day, and she said that she's been noticing TSO and I and how he looks at me when we're together, and she thinks that he likes me. Only time will tell, I guess...He did tell me more about himself as well, he told me that he had been married when he was younger, 23. I guess it only lasted 2 years, and they were divorced in 1995. He told me he hasn't dated seriously since then. I'm not sure what to make of that, but there you have it.

2 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Dearest TG,

WAW, you impressed me too, I didn't expect that you would mention about my post in your blog, it was so nice of you though dear.

I wish I could give you a sister-to-sister hug. Hopefully when I will be in the States (GOD WILLING)

Thanks for replying to my question, well, God took care of it and this time hopefully God will work out on your relationship and find the man of your dreams who will love you the most and adores you.

My Aunt always says" marry a person who loves you to death more than you do, so you be always in safe side,"
Wisewoman, huh ? ;P

travel girl said...

Marsh,
I'm touched that you're impressed with me! I'm just glad you weren't upset that I mentioned your post. After I wrote it, I was a little worried.

You are right, God did take care of the situation with my Ex. Sometimes I think He was trying to take care of it for a long time, but I was ignoring Him...:)

I do think that the advice your Aunt gives is quite wise.

When will you be in the states? Where do you plan on studying? (You may not want to answer these questions, which I totally understand, but I would love to know!)
take care!