19 April 2007

Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech. 32 innocent victims.

I don't think there's really much I can say. My heart and thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends and co-workers. To everyone affected by this tragic situation. There was one victim's story that has stuck with me since I read it. And it truly breaks my heart. One of the professors, survived the Nazi Holocaust to be gunned down while trying to save the lives of his students. Truly, a hero.

This will be one of those days that people will never forget. There are those days that get seared into your memory. Some are there for good reasons, marriage, the birth of a child. More often they are there for tragic ones. People remember where they were when JFK was assassinated. When the Challenger shuttle exploded. When Columbine occurred. 9/11. People can remember the tiniest details of those days. And those memories will forever be with them.

And when tragedy like this strikes, I have a strong desire to gather those I love the most and to hold them close. To protect them and to tell them how much I love them, because sometimes in daily life, that gets forgotten. We all get so busy, and so wrapped up in small details, and we think that they are SUCH A BIG DEAL (they're not btw...) So, if you love somebody, let them know.

No comments: