28 April 2007

Round up

As my brownies are in the oven, I thought I would revisit a post from earlier.
I thought a lot about changing units at work. I was truly on the fence about it, as witnessed by my pro/con list. When I went into work last night; I was still undecided. I chatted with Will about it; and he had another really compelling con: I've been talking about returning to school to get my Masters. My plan was to do a lot of my homework while at work. That would be impossible when answering phones. One of the ladies I went on the cruise with had another really good con related to returning to school. The school requires a full course load, so effectively I'll be in school full time and working full time. She thought that my stress level would be way too high. So then I went to talk to my old supervisor from when I was down there. And the first thing he said to me was: "Don't you remember that you clenched your teeth so much you gave yourself a tension headache every day?" He also told me that he's 90% sure we're never going to do another full building pick; so I'd be stuck down in that unit. And Will's final point was: "TG, you never were able to sleep you were so stressed."

So, although, Lead Momma, I appreciate the advice; I think I've decided to pass on the opportunity. There would be no way for me to get out once I got in, and that truly is my major concern; and I also would have no hope of getting any sort of weekends off schedule. So, decision made; and I'm happy with it. I feel good with the choice I made at this point. So good in fact, I've already baked brownies and I'm planning on baking banana bread as well.

Marsh, I'm really glad you like the new template; I really thought it was time for a change.

And I realized after I posted, I never explained why Lead Momma was saying such nice things about me. She and one of her cohorts have decided to try to set me up with someone they work with. And they sent both of us an email message introducing us. And as the Match.com guys I've met so far have been not at all right; I thought this would be a great try. She knows me better than just about anyone, so if she thinks we'd be a good pair; why not trust her. What's the harm in trying? And that was what she said in the message about me.

No comments: