27 April 2007

The Evening Fiasco

The fiasco that some may call work continues.

There are two positions open in the communications center. I did this job before. I didn't love it. That may be an understatement, actually. I've been approached about going back. My first reaction is to stick my fingers in my ears and shout 'LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!' But I'm bored out of my mind in the unit I'm in. So I thought maybe a pro/con list may help. Here goes:

Pros:

  • CAREER ADVANCEMENT
  • something different
  • ability to get up and move around
  • not so boring
  • things there are better than they were

Cons:

  • probably a worse schedule than I have now
  • fewer people; harder to take leave
  • it's a boys club
  • lack of defined protocol
  • disliked it before
  • chance of getting stuck in the unit forever

So, I just don't know which way to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I have to make this decision quickly. Truly, it would be easier for me if they just came to me and said "TG, you have to go down there." Because I would never refuse that. Grr...I hate to try to make decisions like this.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Breaking into the boys club - shake it up - look @ it as a way to grow & transform...

Could you move back if you hated it?

I think change is good ya' know.

Jump and the net will appear - I promise.