06 April 2007

My Day with Captain Contrary

Okay, so I just have to tell you all about my day with Preschool Queen and Captain Contrary. The plan was to meet at about 11:30 and go to the 1 pm showing of TMNT. Captain Contrary was in truly rare form today. He really loves having an audience, and I was said audience for the day, so he was showing off more than usual and was being as funny as he could be. I don't think I've ever explained his personality. He LOVES to talk. Nope, that's an understatement. When you're in the car with him, from the minute the door closes, he talks until the minute the door opens again. It's like diarrhea of the mouth. I worked last night, so I only had about 4 hours of sleep between getting home from work and waking up and having to meet them. He was such a piece of work. I honestly have no words for the experience. Preschool Queen calls spending the day with him the perfect form of birth control. I think it truly explains why children come to us as infants; because if you got them as a 7 year old, you'd go insane. I know it may sound like I'm complaining, but truly, we had a really great day, and I'm quite happy I took the night off to be able to spend the day with him. I must have enjoyed it, I'm babysitting tomorrow night!

I should say here that the movie was quite fun. I was pleasantly surprised, and will not be remotely surprised when a sequel comes out. They very nicely left the door open for that.

No comments: