22 March 2007

Shocking Commercials

Some observations that I hope make you laugh as much as they did me...

There is a medication for insomnia called Roserem. It's purpose it to help you sleep. The whole commercial is about a guy who is not dreaming anymore. There's always the disclosure at the end of the commercial, you know the one I'm talking about, where they tell you all the side effects of the drug...Anyway, one of the side effects listed (this is just too good) is drowsiness. Really? A medicine that was created to help me sleep is going to make me tired? I'm shocked. (okay that's my sarcastic side coming out.) But seriously, isn't that the point?

There is a new commercial for travelling to Puerto Rico that has been on TV lately. It's a great commercial, it makes me want to go there. However, on the bottom of the screen is written "US Passport not required for travel to Puerto Rico." I was shocked when I read that. Really? I don't need a passport to visit part of MY OWN COUNTRY? I suppose I can understand this one, I'm continually astounded at the number of US Citizens who don't realize that Puerto Rico is a Territory of the United States.

As I see more, I'll add them to my list. Hope these made you laugh as well!!

No comments: