27 March 2007

Day at Sea

Today is our day at sea. So, there's no running around for anything. Just a spa treatment in the afternoon, and other than that, I'll just relax by the pool.
I'm actually up early this morning. While the beds are comfortable, and the pillows are great, I have a really hard time sleeping with tons of noise in the room. So, the other two ladies are still asleep, and I thought I'd take advantage of the time I could have alone to post. But I have to say, so far, so good with the all three being together.
Yesterday we docked in Freeport, The Bahamas. I was shocked by the island. It was flat. And by that I mean Mid-West flat. There was no elevation on that island whatsoever. I'm astounded that it doesn't completely get destroyed every time there's a hurricane. We left the boat around 9:30 or so, and took a taxi to the straw market. We had a blast, and I found some great things. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fun jewelry. I'm not talking stones or anything, just fun jewelry. I found two made out of abalone shells. They are just great!! And of course, when you're at the straw market, what do you have to buy...STRAW BAGS. There were so many different ones to choose from, so many styles etc. I found one for Preschool Queen and I really hope she likes it...Also found Bahamian tea for my mom.
Last night was our first formal night. It was actually a lot of fun to get all dressed up and have dinner. We also had our pictures taken then as well. I hope they come out nicely. But if they don't there's always Thursday's formal night as well, when they'll be taking other pictures. Anyway, I wore Preschool Queen's Betsey Johnson dress. It was just perfect. There is no other way to describe it other than perfect.
More later, I'm sure!!

1 comment:

Marie said...

OHHHHH! You are so cool! I am loving reading about this -- I can feel the wind in my hair already. I love JetBlue too, they are the coolest. Flights to Raleigh....
When are we going to plan a cruise with the Lead Family & LBTG?