25 March 2007

Cruisin'

Okay, so Internet access on the boat (oops, I mean ship) is pretty slow, but I still want to post. I treasure the posts from my trip to London, so I wanted to do the same here.
The flights down to Ft Lauderdale were uneventful. It was the first time I had ever flown JetBlue, and I have to say, I'll go out of my way to fly with them again. The experience was just fantastic!! We got to the hotel, and then wanted to find a place to have dinner.
We went to a restaurant called Bimini Boatdock. The food was phenomenal. There is simply no other word for it. It was the quintessential Florida restaurant. I have nothing bad to say about it, and would go back in a second.
Today, we got to the docks; and I have never seen anything quite like it. There were SO MANY ships of all kinds, not just cruise liners, I'm talking steamers, cargo ships, tankers etc. It was truly wild. We were supposed to leave the port at about 4pm. Well, the ship finally started moving just as we were sitting down for dinner at 8pm. And that was a shock. All of a sudden I felt like I was really drunk; and I had only one drink all day (and that was when we got on the boat at 2) It took me a while to realize that we were moving. I'm not sure about it, still. I did put my motion sickness patch on, so hopefully that will take care of everything. I'm fine when I can see the water moving, and can see the horizon; but when I'm inside the ship, it's a little rough. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
This thing is huge and the staff is just amazing. They do anything they can for you. So far, I'd have to say, I highly recommend it!!
Much more tomorrow after we leave Freeport!!

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

TG,

Sounds like so much fun :D

Waiting on the pictures ;)

Be aware of mal de mer

Marsh