22 December 2006

Christmas Baking

So I was right, there was not much sleep to be had yesterday. I tried to get into bed as soon as I got home so I could get some sleep before going to get Captain Contrary. Because that's not what my body is used to, it didn't work. I finally quit fighting it, and got up around 10:30 and did a few things here before picking him up at school. Now, who remembers what the last day of school before Christmas vacation is like? Yup, he was wound up on sugar like you wouldn't believe. Preschool Queen thought she'd be able to pick him up around 2:30 knowing that I needed sleep for work. Unfortunately, she was unable to get away until 5. I needed to be up at 7 so I could meet Will before work. So it was an insanely small amount of sleep. I'm not sure how some people function on that little sleep. And the crazy part is that now that I'm at home, I'm not remotely tired. Go figure.
I'm trying to finish up my Christmas baking right now. I've finished the coconut indulgences, and raspberry almond bars, and I have the first batch of lemon fig cakes are in the oven. All that's left are oatmeal chocolate chip cranberry cookies. Those I'll do tomorrow. I was supposed to drive down to see the 'rents, but the weather is supposed to be suspect at best (freezing rain/sleet) so we'll get together some other time in January. So I now have an extra day to do what I need to. Which also gives me time to work on the scrapbook for Captain Contrary.

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

I am sorry it has been a long time since I left a comment here, you know I am so busy, especially these blessed days, Christmas and new years days..we are preparing for those historical days...

Once again you made my saliva drolles, Gosh!! You need to competer Ratchil Ray!! hahah.

You have a wonderful Christmas this year, may all your dreams come true God willing, in the name of Jesus. Amen

A big hug and kisses to you sister ooo and xxxxxxx