18 December 2006

Reflections on London

This holiday to London did precisely what I wanted it to do. My self confidence has risen more than I thought possible. I feel so much better in my skin. I don't know if that makes any sense; but that's how I feel. Not having anyone to rely on was the most liberating experience. Knowing that I had to make all the decisions was great. I now know that I can do anything. And my fear of flying has gone as well (good thing what with the 7.5 hour flights from Heathrow to JFK.) I'm really looking forward to the next time I fly. Which is in less than 100 days when we catch a flight to Ft Lauderdale to board the cruise ship. That should be the relaxing holiday I need. The trip to London was phenomenal, but could never be referred to as relaxing.
And Christmas is almost upon us. I can't believe that it's in one week. I don't know if that's from being away at the beginning of the month, or if it has something to do with the weather. It has been abnormally warm here. Lead Momma said the same thing, she said it was 70 degrees on Saturday! Now it certainly wasn't that warm here, but mid-forties is not typical. I'd really rather like some snow for Christmas. Will has been complaining about the same thing.
So there seems to be that crazy rush that leads up to Christmas. I hate to say it, but I'm just not in the mood this year. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to get interested in it. I'm hoping that this will get better.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Don't worry, I'm not dripping with the Christmas spirit either. Maybe it's related to the phases of the moon or something. ha!

Guess who washed her cell phone. Braintrust here I come!