30 December 2006

The Saga of the Rogue Wave...

Will has been taking great pleasure lately in teasing me relentlessly about my upcoming cruise. He keeps telling me that there is going to be a rogue wave to capsize the ship. And every once in a while he'll walk over with at photo or an article he's found about cruise ships and big waves. I think he does it just because he knows that it will rile me up, and I know he thinks getting me all riled is very funny. In fact, last night he was just hysterically laughing at me as I was getting more and more frustrated with it. In all honesty, it makes me laugh as well. I realize that he's just teasing and means nothing by it. The night before I left for London, he was trying to get me to sign a shift swap form (I have weekends off, he doesn't) "just in case anything happens." It really cracked me up...after I was done being mad. Somehow I always manage to make Will laugh, and I just love that. All of my friends outside of work are so funny, that I'm not considered 'the funny one'. So sometimes I forget that I am pretty funny. He reminds me of that. And I have to say that it's one of my favorite things, being able to make someone else laugh. I just love the sound of laughter.
And although I usually have weekends off, this is not to be one of those nights. One of my supervisors, was wheeling and dealing with me before we left this morning, trying to convince me to come in tonight. Well, he succeeded. He offered to change my days off, so that I work tonight, but have Monday night off. And since it's the holiday weekend, I thought that would be nice. That way if I drink a little too much on Sunday night , it is New Year's Eve after all, I don't have to worry about having to go to work. It's to the benefit of work as well, because we were going to be really short-staffed tonight, and over-staffed on Monday, so it balances things out just a bit. And it's a snowy, sloppy morning, so I don't mind going to sleep.
I'm starting a scrapbooking class online with Lead Momma. It's been so long since she and I were in any classes together. It should be a lot of fun. I think it's going to concentrate on a specific philosophy of scrapbooking and getting organized so that photos can quickly get into books rather than sit on shelves. I think it'll be really good. Sometimes I get too focused on the chronological scrapbook; and those can get pretty boring. Anyway, I'll update how it's going once it starts. I have really been missing taking classes and going to school. As soon as my BA is paid off, I'll get my Masters. I wish I could start sooner, but I'm trying to be realistic as far as the finances go. I found a great program online that I think would be great. It's a program in Diplomacy from Norwich University. So, maybe that will be in my future; but then again, who knows. If asked 3 years ago what things would look like now, this is not how I ever would have answered. I did ask my parents for a language program for Christmas and I know that they ordered it for me. I looked into all the different ways to learn languages, and Rosetta Stone was really the best option out there. So once I see my parents after they return from FL, I'll be on my way to learning Arabic. I'm excited but also quite nervous about it. Arabic is just so very different from English or Spanish (the other language that I've studied)...hopefully it'll work for me! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hope that you haven't been covered by snow! Love the additions & ponderings. We've caught the cleaning bug - I've listed a couple things on EBAY and Yuri is buzzing around, Leadbaby is passed out. Ahhh, another exciting Saturday night!

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

Learning Arabic?? WAW!! it is so interesting...

I can help you dear...but let me give you a tip -of- the day:
If you are going to learn Arabic, then I gess you will learn the Standadrd Arabic, because each Arabic country has its accent...no worries it is all Arabic but with few different vocabulary...such as British, Scotch, American and Irish...

1 more thing before start learning, you need to practice on how to pronounce the 9 sounds that the English language misses !!

Good luck dear, and if you need any help please let me know...