04 July 2007

To Call or Not to Call

So, I went on a date Monday night. And we had a great time. We talked and laughed for hours. It was amazing. At the end of the night he said that he had a great time and would call (or email). I asked if he wanted to get together again, and he said definitely, soon. Now he hasn't called. It's been two days. I know there's the 'three day rule' but did I completely read the whole night wrong?

We met for coffee and talked for well over an hour and decided to go for a walk. We started walking and it started raining. While that wasn't such a big deal, it continued to rain harder and harder, so he asked if I wanted to go to get a drink somewhere. We ended up at a bar that I love, a nice place where you can actually talk; and we were there for several beers and food. He's cute, he's funny, outgoing and very nice. He's dynamic and well read. He made me smile and laugh, a lot. He was a true gentleman. He opened doors for me, he complimented me, paid for the whole evening and then at the end, walked me to my car even though it was completely out of his way. He even hugged me goodnight.

Homer tells me that things must have been going well, because if He wasn't having a good time, he could have bailed at a variety of times throughout the night. And he didn't. I really want to see this guy again. So, what do I do? Preschool Queen thinks the 'three day rule' is a total bunch of crap and says that I should just drop him a line. My only concern there, if he does believe in the '3 day' thing, then he'll think I'm nuts for contacting him. I am so very impatient, and waiting until Thursday is just driving me nuts.

I know he's got a bunch going on, one of his very good friends is in town one last time before she moves to San Francisco; she actually got to his apartment the day we were going out. I offered to cut the night short so he could hang out with her, and he said he'd see plenty of her later, but was having a good time with me. I know I'm probably freaking over nothing...I guess what makes the most sense is waiting until tomorrow and sending a message thanking him for a nice time on Monday. Or do I wait for him to make the next move? I'm so confused!

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

TG,

Wait for him to contact you...learn how to be patient and let men yearning for you ! ;)