09 July 2007

Lead Momma's Funniest Blog Comment Ever

Okay, so this is probably going to be pretty snarky, maybe even bordering on mean; but this is just too funny to not draw attention to.

Let me set up the whole situation. Lead Momma calls me on her way home from work today and it was the first time she and I have chatted since I saw her new haircut. So I commented on it, and she asked me if I had seen the other comment on her blog entry. I said that I hadn't noticed it, and she said that it was from Poopy-head. (This is what we call her loser ex fiance.)
So, of course I ran right to my computer and checked out her blog to see it; and this is what I find:

It's Dan. We were engaged a bunch of years ago. Anyway, I tracked you down
online and see you have a beautiful son. Good for you! My second girl just
turned one. Drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you; sounds like you've become
a wonderful mother. No surprise there. Bye!

I started howling when I read this. THIS is how he identifies himself? We were engaged a bunch of years ago? Is he FREAKING kidding? Oh THAT Dan. I forgot you but boy, once you described yourself that way. Now I remember who you are. She was with him for 6 years. Who the hell forgets someone they spent six years of their lives with and planned to marry? Seriously, WTF? We both laughed so hard. There were tears...true story. Now to continue, one of the things he said didn't work for him was the fact that Lead Momma wanted to have children. Ummm...now he has 2? WTF again, I ask... And finally...'Drop me a line.' NO CONTACT INFORMATION. But please. Drop him a line. Right. She'll be right on that. Because she wants a loser like this guy to be back in her life.

Lead Momma is the closest thing I'll ever have to a sister. She is an amazing woman. She has an absolutely sparkling personality. She is brilliant, funny and loving. She is one of the best people I have ever met. This is all just a lead up to my being able to say how happy I am that she is where she is in her life. She has been blessed. While it certainly didn't feel that way when Poopy-head left just 6 months before the wedding, she rebounded and found a man who truly loves her. And is deserving of her love in return.

We think that he (Poopy-head) must have some unresolved issues since he's contacting her. Whatever. She was thinking about commenting back to him, and I told her to just ignore him; live in the satisfaction of the amazing life she has. They say that living well is truly the best revenge around. And she's truly doing that.

So, anyway, in closing...to say that this was truly my laugh for the day would be an understatement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Testify! It’s hard not to love Lead Momma and want to mock Poopy-head. I told her it was karma that sent him to her website. All that time she spent at stalker.com (yoname.com). Can’t wait till you visit the sunny Carolina’s so we can spend time teasing Lead Momma relentlessly! Hey…and CONGRATS on GRAD SCHOOL!!!!