05 July 2007

Communications Center...

Work always has it's moments, doesn't it? A very good friend of mine there works in the communications center. Remember I was writing about it before? Anyway, she just got a job offer in Florence, AZ; and she's taking it. It'll be a pay increase and way more opportunities for her. I'm completely and totally excited for her to say the least. Now I have a reason to visit AZ.

But this means that there is a vacancy in the communications center. And my old supervisor is now the supervisor there. He called me into his office tonight and said that while he wasn't going to force me, he'd really like me to join the unit again. Since my friend had already told me about her job, I knew that this was coming. So, I said yes. What else could I have done? I mean really. What was I going to do? Stomp my feet and act like a 3 year old? I did make two requests, first: that my friend re-train me before she leaves; and second: that I keep my current schedule. He was agreeable to those demands. I'm taking it as a chance to have a change of pace and new opportunities for my resume. So as of mid-August, I'll be answering phones again. I think the job will be fine, it'll be the attitudes of everyone else in the unit that will drive me absolutely insane to say the least.

This is of course, totally dependent on whether or not I get the supervisor position. That would negate all of the previous ramblings. So, it's the waiting now.

No comments: