05 July 2007

To Call or Not to Call continued...

So, the overwhelming advice I got (I mean from EVERYBODY except Marsh--sorry honey) was to drop an email thanking him for a nice evening and suggesting a second date. So, that's what I've done. I did that this morning; and so now, more of the waiting game. I really just wish I knew one way or the other.

Of course, self-doubt has started creeping in and I've started wondering if he didn't have such a good time with me. Which leads me to wonder how on earth I ever could have mis-read the entire evening like that. I really thought we hit it off. This whole dating thing, so not fun. Well, let me rephrase that. The date was great, wonderful, a lot of fun. This part sucks. This waiting, this insecurity, this not knowing.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Deeeep breaths dear....deep breaths....start emailing a new profile to take your mind off it just for fun. And remember -- he could be thinking the same thing you are!
Sorry I didn't get to call -- the T-Family Hurricane came into town & just settled down -- seriously, I put a beer into my mom's hand b/c she looked so overwhelmed by us all.

Little Penguin said...

TG, waiting, eh?

I think you did the right thing.. if both of you rely on your suspicions no-one's gonna go anywhere.. romance isn't an entirely spontaneous thing, but it requires a great deal of being true to yourself.. you enjoyed the night? let him know that you did.

Hope things go well..

Regards,