25 February 2007

Lead Momma, This One's For You...

Lead Momma, this one's for you...
So I was just watching the NASCAR race from California. And I have to say, NASCAR continues to sell out at an alarming rate. That's really besides the point. Anyway, I was watching the prerace show and this season they have a song or two during the show (last week at Daytona it was Kelly Clarkson). This week it was Sammy Hagar (who predictably sang I Can't Drive 55). All of this is build up to say the drummer was wearing a t-shirt that said "More Cowbell". I actually laughed out loud; and instantly thought of Lead Momma. Hope you're enjoying sunny Southern California!!

In completely unrelated news, Preschool Queen and family are on their way to Disney for the week (I hope...) I dropped them off at the airport around 4:30 this morning, they were supposed to be flying out around 6:15. They seem to have all the luck of the Griswold's in National Lampoon's Family Vacation. There is some severe inclement weather near their layover airport, and so were stuck here until the weather cleared. Hopefully they'll make it. I can completely understand the frustration. When she called, though, I told her that at least they were still in the terminal and not stuck on the tarmac. She said that Homer was thinking of changing his name to Clark Griswold.
I picked them up shortly before 4, and although Captain Contrary is NOT a morning person, he was bouncing off the walls (it IS Disney after all). He, Homer and I were lugging suitcases out to the van, and he was ready to go. And as we packed the van, he said, "okay, let's go!" I asked him if he wanted to wait for his mommy, and he said, "no, you can go with us, instead." It just cracked both Homer and I up.

A few weeks ago, in one of my posts, I mentioned that I was in love, but that things were very complicated. It hasn't been remotely easy, but this afternoon I woke up and realized something. Things are over, but it doesn't have anything to do with me, it's not because he doesn't love me or want me anymore. And I know he didn't use me. I know I've heard these things countless times, and have actually said these things; but now I know them to really be true. I trust these facts now. And somehow found some peace with things. Are my feelings gone? Not remotely, but it makes it easier to know that he does still care.


Thought I'd update for anyone interested in the continuing saga of traveling in the winter. Preschool Queen called me a little after 8:30 pm to let me know that they finally reached Orlando (they were supposed to be there by noon...). And they were the last flight out of DC this evening due to icing. What fun, but they are there, and safe and sound and ready to enjoy the park!!

1 comment:

Marie said...

A post dedicated to me....i'm pretty honored! We just talked about more cowbell the other day (youtube had to remove it) we're having fun - my class was good, today we went to a beach where seals have their babies -- so sweet. they looked like slugs a little. :) Victor ate too much garlic bread and yaked. Poor baby. I met an actor from Veronica Mars.