10 February 2007

I'm Struggling

I'm struggling right now, really struggling. (now I realize that my struggle is nothing compared to the struggles of others in this world, but this is the life that I have, and right now, I'm struggling in it.) I have found that writing can be so very therapeutic, so I ask for indulgence right now.
This medication is miserable. Picture it, you wake up, feeling okay, and know that you have to take a pill that within an hour will make you very sick. And you have to do this twice a day. It just wears off every night at work around 3 in the morning, and I have four precious hours where I feel normal, and then I get home at 7 and have to take it again. Seriously, why would I want to do this over and over again? Lately, I've been staring at the pill for longer and longer before I actually take it. I know that this is only temporary until I get used to it, but it's really getting old. Fast. I'm so tired of crackers and ginger ale and peanut butter and bananas on english muffins.
I'm still not feeling any better about myself regarding the PCOS. I know it's all in my head, but I feel less than feminine, undesirable and defective. Some friends have made the comment that it's not such a big deal because I'm not currently trying to start a family. And I have to say it's little consolation. Not at all what I'm looking for. Oh, have I mentioned that all the women who have said this have had at least one child? They're looking at this from a completely different viewpoint than mine. And it's starting to tick me off, and withdrawal from them when I really do need my friends around me.
I'm in love with the most amazing man I've ever met, but circumstances keep us from becoming a couple. I have never loved anyone the way that I love him, and I know for certain that I've never been loved the way he loves me. He looks at me as if there is no one else in the room. Nobody has ever looked at me that way. It just breaks my heart. When is it my turn to be happy?
It all makes me want to run away to Australia...For those of you unfamiliar with the story, when I was growing up, my favorite book was Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. Alexander is a little boy, who, as the title says, has a really bad day, and as he's relating all of the miserable events, he keeps saying that he's going to run away to Australia. Now, by the end of the book Alexander figures that bad days happen to everyone once in a while, and would probably even happen in Australia. I just love the book, and so when I'm having one of those days(which have been a lot of days lately...), I think about booking a flight to Australia...

1 comment:

Marie said...

I'm sending a case of ginger ale in your direction.