17 January 2007

One of my Favorite People

So, I really think that Dr Spaz is one of my favorite people in the world. I haven't really written much about him, and I thought I would here. As a refresher, he's married to Lead Momma. He is brilliant. A lot of people I know are smart, but really, Dr Spaz is in a completely different field. He is truly brilliant. I've met a few people as smart as he is, and usually they are pretty pretentious. You couldn't meet a more unpretentious person. He is so down to earth and easy to talk to. One of the things that some people may find startling is that he has no filter. You're probably going, 'what is she talking about?' I mean that if he's thinking it, he'll say it. A lot of us think things, but our filters stop us from saying them. Not Dr Spaz, he'll say whatever is on his mind. I find it refreshing and quite often very funny. Often he'll say the things that everyone else is thinking, but not wanting to say. I'll give you an example. I was talking to Lead Momma last night, and he got on the phone and out of the blue asked me, 'So, are you having sex?' I just laughed and told him no. And then in the next breath he was talking about the TV show Battlestar Galactica. Now most people would find questions like that pretty offensive. Knowing him as I do, I just smile and shake my head. And even though they moved away years ago now, I still miss hanging out with them on a regular basis. My life is better for knowing the two of them!
In a completely unrelated note, winter is finally here. It's 6 degrees as I write this, and there's finally snow, mind you it's buried under a thick layer of ice, but there's the snow I've been waiting for!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I forwarded this email to Dr. S and he was pretty happy about it. Maybe the next blog will need to be called Spazzybaby ha! Thanks for the shout out for my silly goose.
Big hugs