15 May 2007

Venting Cranky Post

Okay I need to vent.
Here's the thing. I work nights. I don't believe this is news to anyone. Preschool Queen and Homer only have one vehicle right now; and so I've been picking up some slack making sure that Captain Contrary gets to his Little League games on time. Several weeks ago, she asked me to pick him up tomorrow afternoon. She and I haven't spoken or emailed in about a week; so today when I was at their house doing my laundry, I left her a note asking her to call me to confirm whether or not they still need me to pick up Captain Contrary. Nothing. No call. No email. Nothing. Doing this for them requires me to completely change my sleep schedule. I thought first of all she knew that and second of all would have enough courtesy to call and let me know one way or another. I don't think it's too much to ask. I guess I consider it simple courtesy. And yes, I'm pretty ticked off about this. Is it that hard to make a 2 minute phone call?

On to the other thing I want to vent about. Every time I think that my work can't get any lower in the way they treat the employees, I'm surprised and proven wrong all over again. Will was forced into the phone job that I wouldn't volunteer for. And I feel a lot of guilt over it. Had I just volunteered, he wouldn't be in this position. Part of me feels that this is truly all my fault. And like I said, I feel really terrible. And they gave him no notice. We showed up on Saturday night, and he was told to pack up his stuff and move. I have never seen him so angry. He held his temper with the supervisors, but really kind of let it go on me.
It really sucks. Even though it was only one night, I already missed having him upstairs with me. One of the ladies commented that I looked like a lost puppy without him around. I kind of felt like a lost puppy without him around as well. Work wasn't nearly as fun Saturday night as it usually is with him around. It really, really sucks!

Okay, I'm done venting...I'm sure there'll be a happier post next time!

1 comment:

PinchPop said...

You know what, you're not the only, London drives me crazy and loads of others too.

from sushi, to the bloody smoking ban, I like this one as it talks about all sorts. Seen it?

www.ventlondon.com

things any better?