21 May 2007

The New Look

Wow, so I've been pretty bad at this lately. No excuses, I know. OT has been crazy, really. But the paychecks are too good to pass up. And really, once you get used to it, 10 hours is just not such a big deal. It just does a number on the social life; but since mine is non-existent to begin with, it doesn't really seem to matter to me.
Last week, I got my hair cut. I mean seriously chopped off. My hairdresser, who is just the coolest ever, chopped probably 7 inches off my hair. So now it's above my shoulders and really cute. It's cut a lot like Jenny McCarthy's hair is, or Posh Spice but a little longer. And it looks awesome. Will didn't know that I was going to have it done; and when he saw it, he just said, "Wow!" It was precisely the reaction I was hoping for. Even people that I barely know at work are coming up to me and telling me that it looks amazing. Preschool Queen didn't know that I was going to do it either, and I stopped over on Saturday and she almost shouted about it. She loves it.
In other big news, my work posted a supervisory position. So I decided to put in for it. I'm trying not to get too excited about it, but I really would love to have it. Several of the supervisors on thirds recommended I apply for it, so who knows maybe my chances are better than I think they are. So, we'll see. The posting closes on Wednesday and then after that, I'll know. Everybody think good thoughts for me, I'm sure I'll need them.
On the sadder side of things, I learned that the Ex's gram is very sick. So, I'm going to see her tomorrow. And I'm really not looking forward to it. I have put it off for a while, but I really don't want to miss saying goodbye. I'd regret that much more than anything else. So, if you pray, say some prayers for his family. I know they are hurting right now.

No comments: