07 May 2007

The Howling Dog Downstairs

I truly apologize for lack of posting lately. I have been dealing with a few difficult things, that I didn't want to write about; so I thought rather than be pissy about something here; I would just wait until it worked itself out. And it has, I think...
As I sit here with the windows open enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather; my ears are being accosted with the sound of my landlord's black lab. He barks, or rather howls, constantly when one of them isn't home. I honestly can't think of many things more annoying than that. And then he gets the other dog going. Such fun. Now, don't get me wrong. I love dogs; but then need to be well behaved. And they need to not bark all damn day long.
Travel Kitty (my very sweet cat) had her teeth cleaned today. So, she's still at the vet's office recovering from the whole experience. Hopefully she'll eventually tolerate my company again. She was some sorta ticked off this morning when I dropped her off. She actually tried to make an escape. I didn't realize that part of her carrier was still unzipped; but she did, and as I was carrying her down the stairs, she jumped out! Unfortunately for her, there was no place she could go, we were on the stairs between two closed doors. Anyway, she'll be home soon, thank goodness!
Yesterday Preschool Queen and I went shopping. I was in need of some serious retail therapy after the week I had. Anyway, I've realized that I will never go anyplace without my camera again. She made me try on this one outfit that was so incredibly bad; no let me restate that. It was something I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. Anyway, the outfit was so very bad that it had us in hysterical laughter; so much so that we were both in tears over it. Seriously, it was bad. I wish I had a picture. It could have been the perfect scrapbook page. For real. Anyway, we had an awesome day; I got some clothes that look great (I know, like I need any more clothes...) and we had a lovely lunch. There was a college girl, probably 19 or so, and her tragically hip boyfriend and her father and grandmother at the table next to us. And she was talking about her roommate, who was "really deep, ya know? She's really deep, not like the blond one, she's just deep." Preschool Queen and I wanted to ask her what she could possibly mean by this statement; but instead just laughed as we walked away from the restaurant later. All in all, it was a great day! Just amazing how things can be so very different just a few days later!

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

What a nice thing your kitty is getting! she will walk with head's up and smile to show her teeth :)

Shopping, shopping shopping I love it...What did you get?

Have a nice day