25 February 2008

Still Relaxin'

Vacation Day 2:
So, being on 'vacation' I foolishly thought that meant I wouldn't have to deal with 'work'. Right. I got a few emails this morning about things that I simply had to deal with. So, I spent a while this afternoon working on it. Made me miss the days where I could just go on vacation and not have to worry. Oh well. I still love my job, so it's all good.
Today I hung out with Preschool Queen this morning. We had fun, Captain Contrary and I played together, they are on vacation this week too. In fact, PQ and I are going out in a few hours for a few drinks. Should be fun, we haven't gone out in ages it seems and a martini or two is just what the Dr. ordered.
And this morning, hold on to your hats, I actually did some scrapbooking. I know! It's been ages and ages... but I was in the mood and made a little mini album for PQ from when we went to the Police concert. The photos brought back so many memories. It was much fun to do, and she loved it, which made it even better. And I also put together something else (since Lead Momma reads this, I won't say any more here...) the release of creative energy was awesome! Love it, love it, love it!
And I'm thinking about doing some baking this week, too. I guess the weather is supposed to be pretty crappy in the next two days, so I'll probably relax around the house tomorrow afternoon. My goal this week is to make a different meal each day this week, and freeze everything that I don't eat, so that I have ready made meals in the freezer for later. I have to say, being so busy with work and school makes me just exhausted for sure and leaves very little time for cooking. I can't tell you how tired of grilled cheese and cereal I am!

No comments: