11 October 2007

Update

So, I've been total crap about writing lately. I do so apologize for that. Things have been beyond crazy here. Work has been great. I can't even begin to explain how great. I love this new position! The work is a challenge, but the days fly by. I have gotten completely used to working days, and will miss them when I go back to nights. Tomorrow is my last day shift. And while I'll miss the people on days, I do think I'm looking forward to going back to nights. I really like the group.

The only thing I am bummed about is not being with the training group anymore for the next step of their training. I had hoped that I would be able to help through until they went onto the shifts (most of them will be coming to thirds, too.) Oh well, they'll survive, and hopefully come to me completely ready to work. If not, I'll be doing a bunch of on the job training once they are on the floor.

Classes are good, busy, but I did my first paper and got a decent grade on it. The next one is due next weekend, so I've been starting to think about it. I've been a total slacker about classwork this week, though. And to be honest, I don't feel at all bad about it. This has really been a trying week. I'll catch up after I get home tomorrow night (since I need to stay up late, anyway).

I've met a guy who has caught my interest. He's funny, sincere, and really very nice to me. It's been fun getting to know him. I have no idea what will happen, but it's nice to meet someone to just hang out with and drink coffee. He likes Starbuck's about as much as I do. He's new in town, too.

And speaking of Starbuck's...I think that I may be on my way to becoming a Starbuck's junkie. I've gotten into the habit of stopping there just about every day after work. (It doesn't hurt that there is a cute guy to chat with there!) I'm going to have to figure out a new coffee schedule, now that I'm going back to mids.

3 comments:

Little Penguin said...

TG,

I wish you could sort of transfer and come to study at Goldsmiths.. like one third of post-grads here are from the States.. apparently, it costs the same to get the degree in London and it's half as long.. give it a thought ;)

I've met a few interesting people.. the place is like a chernobyl of intellectual deformities.. (i love how I could come up with a thousand metaphors for this friggin' place.. I love it! lol).. but alas, there is no Starbucks nearby, and I'm yet to make any decent friends.. loads of 'hi, how are you? how are you settling in?' but it doesn't seem to go beyond that..

and I'm having second thoughts about my zeal to find 'the one'.. it's a load of BS.. I should stick to making friends for now.. when the time is right, she'll come by herself.. I shouldn't trouble myself with the agony of emotional voids and what-not.. right?

I'm quak-quaking arent't I?.. I do apologise..

Oh.. I'm doing Sociology/Anthropology now.. joint honours.. so moi is a social anthropologist in the making! :)

Regards

travel girl said...

LP...
OMG!!! If I could give up my job and move to London to study, I'd do it in a HEARTBEAT!!! That would be my dream!!! And it looks like Goldsmiths has a sort of similar program in International politics. And then of course there's that AMAZING accent you all have! (I could listen to it all day long!) If I were there, we could hang out--it would be fun!

You're a fan of the Starbucks? I just came from there. Hung out with that guy I was mentioning in my last post for like 5 hours. Some day I'll figure out why I'm always attracted to the ones I can't date.

I do share in your disillusion of meeting "the one". Sometimes I don't think it's ever going to happen. My friends (all of whom are married by the way) keep telling me that "when the time is right, he'll come along". So tired of listening to that sometimes!

Don't ever worry about apologizing..there's really no need. ;)

I took a bunch of sociology classes when I was doing my BA. They were pretty cool! If you'd ever like to chat further, let me know, I'll get you my email address.

TG

Anonymous said...

I live in Russia but I remember that day very well. I was a kid, and I've never seen the News. But on the 11th of September 2000 I watched TV. I was shocked. You know, all people in Russia were shocked... It's terrible. Every year on the 11th of September we heard stories about this disaster in schools, on TV or radio. As for me, I will never forget about it... Nobody will forget…