21 September 2007

Craziness

Wow! I've been such crap at this. No posts in ages. So very sorry. Things have been truly INSANE around here! Work is busy, busy, busy. And I'm loving it for sure! I've been lucky enough to be able to stay on days for the moment. My boss decided that I would work with the new training class. There are 15 of them, and of those, 12 will be going to nights. So, my boss wanted them to know a third shift supervisor, and know who they should be asking questions to. The new group seems to be pretty good. There are a few who are having problems, but otherwise I think they'll get it. Our trainer is one of the best, so I have no doubt. I will say that some of them are a little stressed right now about they are going to "get it". I promised them that it would come and reminded them that I was in the same place 4 1/2 years ago.

Classes are going great. It is so much more work than I ever expected it to be. In fact, tomorrow my plan is to head to Starbuck's to do some reading. I'm finding that it's way too easy to find other things to do around here. Like re-arranging my shoes. And cleaning the bathroom. And re-arranging the pantry. So, I think it'll be good to get out and not have anything else to focus on. And I'm rather glad I don't have a laptop yet, because the Internet is such a total time-suck.

It's amazing how fall has come upon us. The trees are changing colors already. And they are simply beautiful! This is truly my favorite time of year. I love the crisp mornings and the beautiful sunny afternoons. I love wearing jeans and t-shirts. And as the weather gets cooler, I love sweaters and fleece. I love the colors and the smell...I love fall!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Shouldn't you be reading something thought provoking and meaningful.....oh..shouldn't I? :)

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

Where have you been dear?

I miss your posts ans Emails :)

Little Penguin said...

a) it's called Autumn..

b) it's amazing.. :)

London tends to be autumny all year long.. grey skies.. unpredictable weather, mostly rain.. it really is suicidal..

how are you finding classes? I start on Monday.. all this week has been 'introductory'.. which basically means roaming around aimlessly, killing time till the next talk is due.. it's really lame.. can't wait to start classes..

one of the teachers asked me yesterday as to whether I'd want to go back to Iraq once I've got a degree.. so paused, smiled and said "well.. if I feel that my intellectual ammunition will be of help then yea sure".. he was might impressed.. :)

travel girl said...

LP,
your can call it autumn, around here we all call it fall. :)

I'll post photos of the foliage when it really starts getting good, you'll be amazed.

travel girl said...

LP,
I didn't answer your last question...sorry.
Classes are simply WONDERFUL. I am pretty overwhelmed by it all, it's a TON of work; but I'm really loving it. The discussion and debate have been good. I truly can't wait to hear all about yours.
tg