20 October 2007

Today


Anyway, the leaves are changing and falling. I'm so glad I don't have to rake! Here are some pics of the tree outside my living room window!



Only 3 weeks left of this first class! I'm pretty psyched. Just handed in my second paper. So, hopefully that will go well. I need to get my butt in gear and focus on the huge research paper due at the end of the class. I'm not going to be able to pull that one off in one day like I've been doing with these short essays...


Anyway, I'm headed out tonight. Preschool Queen and I are going to the martini bar here in town. The place is just the coolest place to just hang out and drink. It's mellow enough, so you can actually hear the person you're with when you're talking. And they make this out-of-this-world chocolate martini. I could drink them all night long...and I think I will.


This week was yet another very stressful experience. I don't know if I mentioned it in the last post, but I've been mentoring the new people. And while there are 4 people doing the mentoring each day, it's still a TON of work. By yesterday afternoon, I was just about tired of listening to myself. And for real, I never thought that would happen! Anyway, I'm shocked at how fast the day goes by! How cool is that? I've never been this psyched about my job. I really am just absolutely loving what I do at this point. (other than a few minor issues--too minor even to mention)


I've been hanging at the local Starbucks just about every night after work, and it's been fun. Friday it was pretty warm and so I changed my order. I'm totally a pumpkin spice latte or peppermint mocha (made with soy of course) kind of girl. But when it's warm, I really love Iced tea lemonade. So, when I was in there, my barista (he's so darn cool and pretty cute as well...hmmm) gave me a hard time for changing my order. And then the friend I was with changed his order as well. The poor Starbucks guy! It was pretty funny.





2 comments:

Little Penguin said...

What do you do in your leisure time? i.e, when you're not gulping down mocha and what-not.. jeez! lol

The view from your window is great.. really nice..

travel girl said...

Leisure time? What's that? lol...