13 August 2007

Work Woes

Okay, so forgive me, but this post is predominantly going to be me complaining. I'm really frustrated and need to get it all out and I can't vent at the people who are causing my frustrations. So here goes.

I work in a facility that is considered mission critical. That means that we have to be there 24/7. This is something that is abundantly clear at the outset of hiring. It is mentioned multiple times in the interview and is clear throughout the process. So, it's nothing unknown to any of us working in the building. AND. Our schedule is set for between 6 months and a year, however, there is a disclaimer on it which states, "schedule based on the needs of the service". Translation: if things need to be changed, then they are going to be changed. We are a mission critical 24/7 facility and there needs to be someone here to do the job.

As I've mentioned recently, I've been reassigned to the communications center to answer phones because of staffing issues. Since that has happened, it was announced that I had been hired as a supervisor. While waiting for that to become official, they have had to find my replacement and train him. The decision has also been made that the staffing in the unit is insufficient in comparison to the work load. Too many people have been given the weekend off. (the previous supervisor in the unit wanted to make his friends happy, so he gave them all the weekends off, even though the unit is busiest on the weekends.) So, the new supervisor has to change the schedule and that has pissed off everyone in the unit but me.

The one individual who caused the issues in the first place (convinced the old supervisor to give him the days off he wanted) is acting like a 5 year old at this point. I can't comment on what precisely is happening, but to be honest, the entire building would be better without him and the old supervisor. Of course, we can't seem to do that. How frustrating.

And here are a few other things that are driving me nuts:
  • I will not apologize for being hired as a supervisor
  • If you didn't apply, don't complain
  • If you did apply, it's not my fault you didn't get it

Okay, I think I'm done complaining. I'm sure after tonight I may have some other things to say, who knows!

1 comment:

Marie said...

damn.......when do you get to open a can of whoop ass on those sorry sorts....sounds like there needs to be some cleaning of the house!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!