14 January 2008

How it's going

I've been working on the gratitude journal; and I have to say...it's pretty neat. Even after having some REALLY bad days this past week, it forced me to find just a little bit of good. And I have. Somehow it makes the bad not so bad. This week has been an incredible mix of highs and lows. (very high highs and very low lows)
Unfortunately, I can't talk about what went wrong this week, and at this point it may even be easier not to. Hopefully the advice I was given by a friend will be helpful in the long run!
We finished our mock trial in class and surprisingly enough, the defense (my side) won. After all the trash talking the head of the prosecution team and I had done all week, I was amazed at how graciously he took the defeat. (although there was some teasing that went along with it...)
As far as the reading for pleasure, I've tried this week...I need to work harder on that one. I'm not sure how much I'll get done, but I must try. I need to stay balanced with what I've got for reading. You can really only read so much on terrorism laws, extraordinary rendition, the UN, radical fundamentalists and human rights before it's just too much...:)
I altered my priorities a bit this week, not without serious thought. I spent a good chunk of time with a friend online; and it's been great. Absolutely no regrets about the fact that I could have used the time to do X,Y or Z in my class. And I think that's an important thing to realize. (now I just have a bunch to do this week!)

No comments: