22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Okay, so I'm sitting here in NC after a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. The weather is simply amazing. I didn't post the photos from earlier in the week, but it's been snowing just about every day. And here it's in the high sixties today, it's supposed to cool off for tomorrow and the rest of the time I'm here; but hey, it's better than the 17 degrees on Sunday night.

Anyway, I'm here and having a great time. It's been so long since I've seen Lead Momma et al! But all that Turkey has made me very sleepy.

But before I go, I must share the story of my flight down here. We boarded right on time and started to taxi down the runway, when one of the engines started to sound like an unbalanced washing machine. After a few minutes of that, the pilot came on the intercom and said that because of mechanical difficulties we would be returning to the gate and deplaning. He then said that they weren't sure how long the repairs would take so they would be re-booking us on other flights. We got about 1/2 way back to the gate, and he started talking again, saying that the problem somehow fixed itself and that we would indeed be flying to DC. Now, call me a little paranoid, but I really just wanted to get off that plane and get to one that was in proper working order in the first place. I think I may have said every prayer that I knew as the plane was taking off! And then because of that 40 minute delay, I got to DC with just barely enough time to run to the other end of the airport to catch my connecting flight to here. It was an eventful few hours, but hey, I'm here and in one piece!

So, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you were able to share the day with people you love!

No comments: