01 December 2007

London one year on

So, precisely one year ago was my first day in London. I think I was probably eating dinner at CousCous at this point. I've been thinking a lot lately about what this last year has brought to me. And wow. It's been a lot to say the least. Let's see where should I begin.
In the last year I fell completely in love and had my heart completely broken. To be honest, I thought there were days that I wouldn't be able to ever survive it. But I have. It's probably cheesy, but Kanye West has a song...Stronger. The chorus inspires me.
I was diagnosed with a condition that I can do very little about and given medication that makes me quite ill...that's fun.
I went on a cruise and visited three wonderful locations and got a great tan in the process.
I got promoted and was given the chance to help with the training of my new people. What a great experience. What great people! I'm so lucky to be supervising such a great, motivated group of individuals.
I got into Graduate school. (I think this I may be most proud of this year) My first class is finished and the second one starts on Monday. International Law. I think this one is going to be interesting--there are actually weeks where we have mock trials with each member of the class representing a different actor in the trial. That's going to be fun!
What a difference a year makes, to be sure. I wonder what this one has in store for me? By this time next year, I'll only be one class away from graduating. I have to say, that seems pretty hard to believe, but it's true. And who knows where things will go with that boy who just makes me smile so much...

1 comment:

Little Penguin said...

I'm sorry for your broken heart.. but it sounds like you've fully recovered.. A year ago, I was complaining that I didn't have time to study.. I had no 'me' time.. and now I've got plenty of it but I'm squandering it like I'm immortal or something!

Let's hope the new year brings both happiness and success to you and I and everyone who needs a bit of a lift in their lives! :)

Regards