20 November 2007

It's been so Long!

okay, So I pretty much suck and have not written in ages.

Life has been pretty busy, though. Between work and classes, I barely sleep let alone eat! But it's been great. For some reason, I'm one of those crazy people who just thrives on that kind of stress.

Anyway, class is over! I handed in the last paper on Saturday morning at 2:30 and just gave that huge sigh of relief! I have two whole weeks of no classes! I'm not really sure what to actually do with myself. I mean for the last 12 weeks, my entire life has been work, and doing homework at Starbucks. Saturday night before work I actually went to Starbucks with a book I actually WANTED to read and had a cup of coffee and read. It was fantastic. It has been so long since I read a book simply for the enjoyment of reading, that I had almost forgotten how great it was.

And tonight is my last night of work before I go on vacation. I'm headed to NC to see Lead Momma et al for Thanksgiving. I am so very excited! I feel bad, though. She called last night, and I was so exhausted, I couldn't even muster up the energy to have a fun conversation.

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. No I don't feel any different. And no, I'm not having a breakdown over it. It's just a number. Anyway, I met my parents for lunch, which was really actually nice. We had a good time and a great conversation. But I didn't sleep much and so was pretty tired by the time I finally got home. I also did some Christmas shopping while I was out, so I at least have a start on that. So much to do, and so very little time.

Sunday night, Preschool Queen and Homer had me over for dinner to celebrate. I brought a friend with me. He's a great guy, and Preschool Queen and Captain Contrary have met him several times before, but Homer had not. To my great relief, Homer likes him a lot. Thinks he seems like a very nice guy! That means so very much to me. And hey, he makes me smile...a lot. We have an absolute blast whenever we spend time together, which is fun.

Talked with my super-cool cousin last night and I'm so very jealous. She's flying to London today...I wish I could go with her. I desperately miss that city and truly can't wait to go back. I told her about a few restaurants I ate in that I think she may like. I can't wait to hear all about the trip. Hopefully all flights are safe...

Oh, and the return of travel includes the return of Tank's adventures. Should be fun...I should even be able to write most of it on the fly since I'll have my laptop with me. (movies in the airport are a good thing.)

Anyway, that's all for now, more later from the road maybe!

1 comment:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hello TG,

It has been so long since we've talked...
How are you dear? I miss you so much!

Happy Birthday darling, hope your wishes come true.

Do you feel any wiser? Hehe just kiddin!